Monday, September 04, 2006

freerunning; creatine; the untimely death of a hero



Now that I'm backon my feet and can't find my kung fu book, i'm gonna get started on some basic free running techniques... Pics, and explanation from wikipedia

"Free running is a physical discipline, in which participants (Free runners) attempt to pass all obstacles in their path in a smooth and fluid way. Free runners interact with their environment using movements such as vaulting, jumping, sommersaults and other acrobatic movements, creating an athletic and aesthetically pleasing way of moving.

Created by Sebastien Foucan and inspired by the similar discipline of parkour, free running differs as it incorporates elements of tricking as well. As such, it is a more creative and artistic way of moving, open to personal interpretation, rather than being focused upon moving along a route using only the most efficient and useful movements. Initially, the term free running was used interchangibly with parkour; however, as free runners became interested in aesthetics as well as useful movement, the two became different disciplines.

While free running and parkour share many common techniques, they have a fundamental difference in philosophy and intention. The aims of parkour are reach, the ability to quickly access areas that would otherwise be inaccessible, and escape, the ability to evade pursuers, while free running is concerned more with aesthetics."

The supplement creatine came to my attention. Some sort of harmless chemical your body makes, (most easily from meat eaten, problematic) that your body needs to maintain energy of series' of short bursts of intense exercise. I may start taking it to help with getting back into kung fu and freerunning.


Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter,has been killed. A sting ray felt (inaccurately) threatend by his presence, and stabbed him in the heart. He died almost instantly, leaving a legacy of bringing serious wildlife footage and a love of the Mother out of the esoteric realms of nature enthusiasts, scientists and romantics. HE BROUGHT GOOD THINGS TO SO MANY PEOPLE. I WILL MISS YOU,MR. IRWIN. Two quotes and pics.

"I get called an adrenaline junkie every other minute, and I'm just fine with that."

"I have no fear of losing my life if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it."

No comments: